Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I have a menubar utility called "Mountain" which I use to mount and unmount volumes on my iMac. It also shows a notification whenever volumes are mounted and unmounted.

Since my installation of macOS 10.13 ("High Sierra") I've noticed that from time to time the "Preboot" and "Recovery" volumes quickly mount and then unmount without my intervention. This happens reliably with the "Recovery" volume when I visit the "iCloud" pane in System Preferences (even if I do nothing with the settings in that pane). I have to close System Preferences before it happens again. The same happens with clicking the "iCloud" section of the "Internet Accounts" pane.

Anyone know what may be going on here?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I use Alfred app as a launcher and I have a workflow in Alfred that ejects drives, and those same two volumes appeared in my workflow as mounted a couple times after I upgraded to HS. I tnever seemed to hurt anything and went away on a reboot. So just a HS bug I suppose?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.