Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey guys,
I noticed that on installing the assistant app on my iPad air 2 under iPadOS 14.2, I have a red dot by my google picture for my account.

This dot only shows up in the assistant app, all other google linked apps (including YouTube ) don't have it.

I understand this typically means I have a notification, or something needs attention, however, I spent some time last night looking through my account both online, and in the app, and couldn't find anything needing attention.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

If anyone can shed some light on this to help me if I've missed something. I would much appreciate the feedback.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    471.5 KB · Views: 287

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this. Today, I got a new nest audio speaker, and am getting the message "problem connecting to cloud" when it goes to the assistant step. Apparently it's an issue reported on the google forums, but there is no real resolution it seems like.

I also found my speakers work, but I hate having to force quit the app and not properly finishing setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.