Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JCLawyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2017
Hive,

My MacBook Pro was doing a great job syncing messages with my iPhone 7 until two days ago. Now, I have many red contacts, and I can't send messages to them from my computer. I have tried signing in and out of iCloud. I have toggled text message forwarding. I have restarted. What am I missing?

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
Hive,

My MacBook Pro was doing a great job syncing messages with my iPhone 7 until two days ago. Now, I have many red contacts, and I can't send messages to them from my computer. I have tried signing in and out of iCloud. I have toggled text message forwarding. I have restarted. What am I missing?

Same thing happened to me. I'm not sure what happened....

sarahJ206

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2017
Hive,

I had the same issue. On my macbook with iMessage open click the Messages tab -> Preferences -> Accounts then log into iMessage. Not the same as just clicking the Messages tab then the Login option, if that makes sense. Mine is working now.

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
I had this issue after I restored my iPhone as a new phone.... On your phone, go into Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and make sure you have your computer listed on there.

*edit, just saw that you said you did this. Sorry.

sgrin96

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2019
Hive,

Hey there! This happened to my on my Mac when I changed my iCloud password (because I forget it and reset it more often than I remember it) so I had to log out of iMessage on my computer, quit iMessage, and log back in. It started working after that, though it took a few minutes to update itself on all the missed messages. Hope this works for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.