Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kim Octaviano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2017
Just a quick question, will reducing the motion can somehow increase the battery life?

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
I've always used Reduce Motion. Recently disabled it to see if I notice any difference on battery life. No difference, at least that I can notice. I have my wallpaper set to "Still" rather than "Perspective" though.

iPhone 5S. I would guess newer devices are even more power efficient with the UI animations.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I turn on reduce motion mainly to reduce any UI lag due the animations. Even with it turned on, my mini 2 can still exhibit some UI lag, but not as bad compared with the option turned off.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I'd think it might help the battery but I always turned on reduce motion because it would make me ill to leave it off.

How well does the X work with reduce motion on? Does it interfere with any of the gestures?

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
I don't think it'll make a noticeable difference if any at all, there are still animations, they're just more rigid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.