Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SammyNad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
Toronto
My co-author (Psychiatrist Dr. Aliza Israel) and I created SPACE - a 5-step process for regulating your anxiety, and bring your best thinking to any important relationship.

To learn more how to do SPACE with Dyrii** (Journaling app for Mac, iPhone, iPad):

**The SPACE template is included with the free version of Dyrii.

About Dyrii: https://dyrii.com/
To learn more about SPACE: https://morethanlove.ca/worksheet

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
This particular template caught my interest as well for this specific purpose. I had marked it to talk about with my psychologist.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
If you have any questions about the exercise - theory or practice - feel free to ask.

My psychologist had told me to be specific about ABC - thought, what caused the thought, how did I feel at the time..

This template has other information to use as well, and I wanted to ask my psychologist if using the template would serve me better at the moment.

I was pretty delighted to see this particular template when I was exploring Dyrii. For me, this and the other templates enable newfound uses for the app and it is like a tip of the iceberg for the app. Of course, being new, the app misses on some features of the more mature and ripe Day One, but the guys at DO are surely getting heat from this app that is priced so right, and works so brilliantly.

My only "need" right now is word count, and then probably some more journals, as in, in Day One I did Journal 2015, Journal 2016, etc. Would like to see similar functionality in Dyrii. Kudos to the developer @Ibalek for this effort. Hats off.

Journaling is an investment by an individual, and I hope @Ibalek does not desert the app anytime soon. We as users come to expect and rely on feature sets in any app and we look forward to further development. Of course, we are ready to pay for it, and your price point is very, very fair, Ibalek. Thank you for the great app and the tiers of pricing, ranging from subscription to outright purchase. It is a huge plus.

SammyNad

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
Toronto
My psychologist had told me to be specific about ABC - thought, what caused the thought, how did I feel at the time..

This template has other information to use as well, and I wanted to ask my psychologist if using the template would serve me better at the moment.

Sounds like you're doing CBT exercises in your sessions. SPACE incorporates some CBT, but as you noticed, has the added feature of value/principle-centered thinking (perhaps the most important part of SPACE). Also, SPACE can be used any time but was especially designed for situations that have to do with someone else... in a relationship with someone your care about.

Your therapist has probably heard of Bowen Family Systems, which is the theoretical perspective I (and the workbook/SPACE) mostly operate from.

Our workbook info can be found here: https://morethanlove.ca/worksheet

Reactions: macintoshmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.