Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
My Mac Studio was hanging up real bad after the update. Called Apple Support and after an evaluation I was advised to reload macOS 15. This was a real learning experience for a relatively new Mac user. I now know how to go into safe mode on the Mac and what I can do from there. The setup is so much better than how it works on a PC. I noticed the value of the 4TB SSD that I formatted to APFS it was displayed as an internal drive.

15 hours and 9 minutes to go.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have alway said that computers are evil demons from hell. My Mac and company demonstrated that. I reloaded macOS 15. I had a status window of it download process. The screen when blank and I just let is do its thing. The next morning still a blank screen. Called apple support the patient lady was a help. What I discovered was my monitor had shut its self down. I don't know why it does not have a time-out setting, and looking at the settings on the Mac I don't have anything set there either. I notice when I restart the Mac it is shutting it self off so I must be time for a new monitor this one is about 5 years old. Oh and when I tried to sigh back in my Keychron wouldn't work, switched to my totally manual Keychron and fixed that. Grrrrrr!!!

At least iPadOS 18 didn't brick my M4 iPad :cool:

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I finally have everything up and running. I suppose I could call this a SpaceX moment. Elon Musk's philosophy is you do not learn if you don't blow up stuff. I my case, it was the apparently failing monitor, then it was my iPad snatching the Keychron Q1, so I pulled out the wired Q12 and stopped that. finally there was problem with the thing hanging up. Finally I did the tried an true Windows fix, physically it turn off. That fixed the hanging up part. Next I went into the iPads setting and told it to forget the Q1. I still have the problem with the the Mac, the iPad, and the iPhone fighting over the Airpods I don't use them much so I have not taken the time to deal with this. This has been a real learning experience now I know how to deal with this in the future.

Thank God for my iPad.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
How does one do a clean install of a Mac? Right now I am waiting on the update that is sure to come in the next couple of days. The trouble I am having is sluggish YouTube, and apps that take forever to open and than when they do they do not respond. These same apps on the iPad work just fine.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Slowly, and I have no idea why, things are starting to work. SDRConnect started working after restart 432 after update. jRiver Media 31 started to work, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.