Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sabacrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
I have been spending ours on this, searching and searching and searching to no avail. Basically, here's my problem. I use Better Touch Tool on my MBP for all of my trackpad gestures and it handles them quite well, except for one. I want to register a three-finger tap as CMD+SHIFT+CLICK or SHIFT+MIDDLE CLICK to open a link in a new tab and jump to that tab automatically in Chrome. The problem is that BTT only allows trackpad gestures to be predefined actions or keyboard shortcuts. The closest I've come so far has been setting three-finger tap to middle click and having to hold down shift, but I want the entire command to be key free. All I want to know is if there's a way to remap the Middle click to any of the F1-F12 buttons.

By the by, I've already looked at KeyRemap4MacBook

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Sabacrow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Why not just set Chrome's tab settings to open all links in a new tab? Or get an add-on if that setting isn't in Chrome by default?

I've searched for a Chrome add-on that would let me change the keyboard shortcut, but again I found nothing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.