Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sir Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Hi all,

I know on OS X you can remap the Win and Alt keys so Alt acts as Command and vice versa. However, I see no such option on iOS and I keep pressing the wrong modifier keys every time!

I'm quite impressed with the hardware keyboard support on the iPad [and wish it could do mouse as well, that would be dope!]. You can hold down the 'Command' key and it will show you all available hardware keyboards shortcuts available at the time, depending on what app you're using and what you're doing. Neat! :)

However, all this is kind of useless if the keys are not in the right place and you've been trained for years with these shortcuts. The BT keyboard supports iOS and even has an iOS setting, but it doesn't do the remapping on its own. It's the iClever foldable keyboard.

Any solutions would be extremely appreciated! :D

Sir Al

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
I'm guessing it's just not possible to fix this? Hardly anyone using hardware keyboards on their iPads?

Does anyone know how send a feature request to Apple about this? I doubt they read this forum.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.