Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macguymike2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
Why does it only show a single item on the list in the smallest view?

Seems like a lot of wasted space in the middle! ?

EiFIzWzVgAEW41N.jpg

Reactions: BJMRamage

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
All the widgets are this bad. Wait until you see the Calendar one or, even worse, the Shortcuts one. Wasted space is what Apple have been aiming for for ages. Have you seen Big Sur?!

I think quite a few at Apple have a problem with their eyesight.

Reactions: Regbial

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California
For the 2x2 widget, it looks like underneath the icon and number of reminders, there is a small space, then an area used for icons of anybody the list is shared with, then the name of the list, then room for one reminder item.
I think the idea is just to give you a quick glance of the next item on your list, and a shortcut to get into the reminders.

The 4x4 widget will show you 6 items and a count of how many more are on the list. Alternatively, other task/calendar apps may show you more in the 2x2 widget. But even the Calendars 5 2x2 widget only shows 2 items in a list, leaving room for the list title, and a "+XX more" counter.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I hate this. I want to have a Remiders list easily acceesible when out shopping.
It would be better to have more items listed.I can have a few more on the 4x2, and maybe more on the 4x4.

I really want to be able to see the lists/widgets available to mark OFF on the lock screen. I can click on a widget but if it takes me to the app....well, I could have easily gone INTO the app with a click as well.

When I go to a grocery store, I would LOVE to be able to "activate" a Reminders list with check boxes on the LockScreen (even if it can only show 10 items in the list at a time. Then I can actively check them Off as I go and more items populate. (I generally make a grocery list as I need items during the week or as I plan meals for upcoming week, then beforehand I reorder the list for how I shop the store so no running around, I can simply make my way through the list and it will follow how I walk the store).

THIS is the innovation we need, not the Widgets in iOS14....though guessing this innovation will happen after iO16 possibly when multiple 3rd-parties do this and Apple buys one or simply copies it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I hate this. I want to have a Remiders list easily acceesible when out shopping.
It would be better to have more items listed.I can have a few more on the 4x2, and maybe more on the 4x4.

I really want to be able to see the lists/widgets available to mark OFF on the lock screen. I can click on a widget but if it takes me to the app....well, I could have easily gone INTO the app with a click as well.

When I go to a grocery store, I would LOVE to be able to "activate" a Reminders list with check boxes on the LockScreen (even if it can only show 10 items in the list at a time. Then I can actively check them Off as I go and more items populate. (I generally make a grocery list as I need items during the week or as I plan meals for upcoming week, then beforehand I reorder the list for how I shop the store so no running around, I can simply make my way through the list and it will follow how I walk the store).

THIS is the innovation we need, not the Widgets in iOS14....though guessing this innovation will happen after iO16 possibly when multiple 3rd-parties do this and Apple buys one or simply copies it.
Potentially some 3rd party reminder apps or reminder widget apps might be worth looking into.

RabidMacFan

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
California

The Apple Watch works great for this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.