Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I am trying to access my M1 mini remotely within the same network. Have tried the following apps with mixed results
  1. VNC Viewer : have experienced very slow response
  2. Teamviewer : The mini screen shows up as a grey screen with no response to from the mini.
  3. Jump Desktop: Has worked the best so far when accessing from my windows laptop. The iPadOS app is pricey, so will end up paying close to $45 for both the macOS & iPadOS apps.
Are there other options available for personal use?

Huey_Pilot

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2021
Microsoft Remote Desktop if you want to make connection with a pc
or
screensharing from macos

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2016
01000011 01000001
If you’re accessing it locally, I have to agree with TriciaMacMillan, Apple Remote Desktop. It’s very simple to setup and I’ve had zero issues using it for over a decade. I use it over LAN with great performance.

Reactions: Reggaenald

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
I am planning to remote access only on local network. Using apple remote desktop, can I connect to the mini using a PC?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I am planning to remote access only on local network. Using apple remote desktop, can I connect to the mini using a PC?
If you install a VNC client on your Windows PC you can connect to the Mac just by turning on Screen Sharing in the Mac's Sharing System Preference. Don't waste your money on Apple Remote Desktop for this.

vgk80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
If you install a VNC client on your Windows PC you can connect to the Mac just by turning on Screen Sharing in the Mac's Sharing System Preference. Don't waste your money on Apple Remote Desktop for this.
I did this setup. My mac mini has dual monitor setup, and VNC shows both monitors on the tiny laptop screen, it doesn't let you switch screens like some other applications do.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I did this setup. My mac mini has dual monitor setup, and VNC shows both monitors on the tiny laptop screen, it doesn't let you switch screens like some other applications do.
That'd be a feature of the VNC client software. Maybe a different one would allow you to choose which screen to view at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.