Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I had used an IR remote that came with my Coolpix 8800 to do night shots with, so I wouldn't have to touch the camera, but then I found out that with longer exposures, the IR light from the remote/receiver was showing up pink on one side of my shots.

So I'm looking for a remote for my new 350D, and since both the wireless and connected are the same price, I was wondering which I should get. Does the Rebel XT have this same IR interference as the Coolpix with a wireless remote?

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I have the wired remote for mine, and like it. My only complaint is that it's easy to accidentally push the shutter release on the remote into burst mode. I never wanted the IR release, as you can't be behind the camera to use it.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
A wired remote for the Canon 350D? That would be nice, I thought there
were only wireless remotes. <checking> Yes, my favourite supplier only lists
the wireless ones. Can you give me the Canon product code, so I can check
whether it's available in the netherlands as well?

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
oblomow said:
A wired remote for the Canon 350D? That would be nice, I thought there
were only wireless remotes. <checking> Yes, my favourite supplier only lists
the wireless ones. Can you give me the Canon product code, so I can check
whether it's available in the netherlands as well?

Canon Remote Switch RS60 E3.

Amazon Link

cookie1105

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2006
London, UK
I got the RC1 (wireless) a while ago for my 350d. I got wireless mainly because then i didn't have to be next to the camera to take a shot (light + flash painting). Good fun! I have never noticed any interference with the exposure.

I am sure that the RC3 is more than adequate, but my B&M weren't able to get hold of one for me so I ended up with the RC1.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
There should be the 3rd party remote switch for Rebel at the half the cost of Canon OEM. I bought the 3rd party one for my D30 from Amazaon (it was called "high quality" something). I heard OEM switch is made of flimsy plastic as well; so there is not much difference in quality between the 3rd party and Canon OEM.

I also think wired switch would be better than wireless. No worry about signal strenght, battery, and etc.

Lebowski

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
just remember, there are 2 different wired canon remotes. the one above is the one for the XT, the other model is for the 20D and others....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.