Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenjamin2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2024
Can anybody help me. I purchased a MacBook Pro 5 years ago from a guy and it’s been working great. When it recently updated to the latest operating system, I am getting a remote management pop up saying it is owned by Expedia. I called Expedia IT and they say they can’t find the serial number in their system and I needed to go to Apple. I took it to Apple and they said they couldn’t do anything and to call Expedia back or try Micro Center. I decided to take to FB and see if I could find someone I knew at Expedia tool no avail. Is there anyone in this forum group that has experienced this issue and knows how to fix? It’s my work computer of 5 years. Thanks in advance.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not sure how restrictive the management software would be but you can test it by trying to boot from an external USB OS installer. If you can boot without any restrictions, you may be able to wipe the internal drive and reinstall the OS.

Reactions: Kenjamin2

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Is the pop-up showing inside macOS? Check and see if there are any management profiles installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.