Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hi all!
Today I had a moment when I needed to connect and control something on my Macbook, which was operating and connected to the internet at my home.

Is there any way to connect a mac remotely from an iPhone, which are in the same iCloud account (both are my devices), and to control something on the computer?
I mean it might be something like teamviewer that shares the entire screen and allows user to do everything remotely.

Any idea or advise would be apreciated! 👏🏻

djalix69

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
Hi all!
Today I had a moment when I needed to connect and control something on my Macbook, which was operating and connected to the internet at my home.

Is there any way to connect a mac remotely from an iPhone, which are in the same iCloud account (both are my devices), and to control something on the computer?
I mean it might be something like teamviewer that shares the entire screen and allows user to do everything remotely.

Any idea or advise would be apreciated! 👏🏻

de Spin

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2021
Hi, I use Splashtop desktop for Years. It can wake up your computer and you can use it on iPhone, iPad, other computer. It’s not free but worth the money. I think it is cheaper than TeamViewe.

ChpStcks

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2021
Hi, I use Splashtop desktop for Years. It can wake up your computer and you can use it on iPhone, iPad, other computer. It’s not free but worth the money. I think it is cheaper than TeamViewe.
is it subscription based? does it work when not on the same network?

de Spin

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2021
It’s 16,99 € / year. That’s not so much. They have to keep updating it to work on newer systems.

de Spin

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2021
Which one? I'm splashtop seeing it starts at $60/yr?
When you go to this page it says for iPhone and iPad:
“The Splashtop Personal app is free for most devices. There is a nominal charge for the iPad and iPhone versions. Accessing from different networks requires a 16,99 US$/yr subscription.”

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
did you ever find anything? currently interested in off network solutions
I have not found a decent solution yet. The only one I encountered with is "VNC Viewer" which works only in the local network, I mean, when I and my MacBook both are in the same house/network.
I know Teamviewer actually, however I just opened this thread to learn if there is any new and free programs etc.

I am going to check it. Thanks so much.
Does it only work on iPhones? or is it possible to connect my Mac from another Windows PC (e.g. work laptop)?
By the way I see several Splashtop on the AppStore, I am a bit confused, which one am I interested in?

I use Splashtop too, love it.
I am going to check it per the previous comment, also thanks for your comment as well.

djalix69

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
I have not found a decent solution yet. The only one I encountered with is "VNC Viewer" which works only in the local network, I mean, when I and my MacBook both are in the same house/network.

I know Teamviewer actually, however I just opened this thread to learn if there is any new and free programs etc.

I am going to check it. Thanks so much.
Does it only work on iPhones? or is it possible to connect my Mac from another Windows PC (e.g. work laptop)?
By the way I see several Splashtop on the AppStore, I am a bit confused, which one am I interested in?

I am going to check it per the previous comment, also thanks for your comment as well.
Teamviewer is actually free for personal use. Personally I believe its massively overpriced for the paid licences but it does what it says on the tin and never had any real issues.

de Spin

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2021
Hi, you need Splashtop streamer on your desktop to control this computer (download from website) and Splashtop personal from App Store on iOS or iPadOS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.