Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muse lujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
hello everyone..

My friend has bought new imac 4k 21.5 inc retina 2017. He needs it for rendering video by Adobe After Effect, and he was try it up. but, he got a problem.. his imac not working as expected. It works slower than in rendering, it works like in windows before..
my friend told me about it, and i ask him about the software. bingo! he took non original Adobe Software, and i thought that's the problem. but i can't make sure that..

am i correct? that non original product / software (Adobe) not working as fast as we hope?
Give me suggestions please, i will thankful for that..

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
hello everyone..

My friend has bought new imac 4k 21.5 inc retina 2017. He needs it for rendering video by Adobe After Effect, and he was try it up. but, he got a problem.. his imac not working as expected. It works slower than in rendering, it works like in windows before..
my friend told me about it, and i ask him about the software. bingo! he took non original Adobe Software, and i thought that's the problem. but i can't make sure that..

am i correct? that non original product / software (Adobe) not working as fast as we hope?
Give me suggestions please, i will thankful for that..

Has it got an ssd? which graphics card has it got? How much ram? I7 or i5 cpu. All these things make a difference sometimes a huge difference for rendering. Also adobe products work no better on macs than they do on any other computer with the same specs. However Apples own FCP X is highly optimised for Mac hardware and software and that can scream with the right configuration.

muse lujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Has it got an ssd? which graphics card has it got? How much ram? I7 or i5 cpu. All these things make a difference sometimes a huge difference for rendering. Also adobe products work no better on macs than they do on any other computer with the same specs. However Apples own FCP X is highly optimised for Mac hardware and software and that can scream with the right configuration.

yeah there is SSD inside and Core i5 mate. RAM 8GB DDR 4

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Ok so an ssd is a good start rendering is most controlled by gpu do you happen to know which one he got? Depending on what they are rendering 8gb of Ram may be a bit low. Is it 4K video? Using many effects filters etc?

Dodgy software is dodgy software but it should be fine.

If they aren’t happy take it back to Apple and get them to have look at it, he does have at least 14 days to return no questions asked, if it’s not performing as he needs. And if he bought it this week he has until January the 8th that’s return I think.

muse lujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Ok so an ssd is a good start rendering is most controlled by gpu do you happen to know which one he got? Depending on what they are rendering 8gb of Ram may be a bit low. Is it 4K video? Using many effects filters etc?

Dodgy software is dodgy software but it should be fine.

If they aren’t happy take it back to Apple and get them to have look at it, he does have at least 14 days to return no questions asked, if it’s not performing as he needs. And if he bought it this week he has until January the 8th that’s return I think.

oh god, i'm really thanks for your share. yes my man, it is 4K video, and putted in some effects..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.