Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guyducati

macrumors regular
Original poster
I came upon this site the other day, and thought I would share.

http://www.lensrentals.com/for-canon

Basically you can rent anything photography related; lens, bodies, tripods, lighting, etc, for reasonable prices. This would be very nice for long trips, or if you want to rent a body for a few days before you blow a few hundred dollars on it to see if you like it. You can usually rent things for 4 days to a maximum of 60 days.

Pretty cool, eh?

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
There are several places that do that. I have rented from lensrentals.com and had a good experience.

Presha

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Double Down
I've used them several times. I've rented and bought used equiptment from them. In my book they are the best and I will continue to use them!

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Also is a good idea for the many who post here because they are taking a once in a lifetime trip and wonder which P&S to buy. Heck, rent the best cameras and lenses available and do it the best way possible.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I have a couple lenses I'd like to use before I decide whether to buy, so a rental would be perfect. I also like the fact that the OP's linked site compares the lens to other similar lenses and disusses potential problems enountered by other customers so you know if the lens has a higher than average failure rate.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Also is a good idea for the many who post here because they are taking a once in a lifetime trip and wonder which P&S to buy. Heck, rent the best cameras and lenses available and do it the best way possible.

The problem with this is that better gear does not equate to better pictures. However renting does seem like a good strategy for "try before you buy" or for those equipment which are simply out of the price range for many normal folk (i.e. $10,000 600mm lenses, etc).

I myself am considering renting a Zeiss MF prime for a trip coming up. I have been thinking about buying one but think it would be wise to rent first, as it is not a cheap lens and I would like to know if I can commit to a MF only lens first.

Ruahrc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.