Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geran1983

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2022
Hey!
There was a problem with the Apple TV 4K A1842. The firmware has gone. When turned on, the white LED flashes continuously. Doesn't show anything on TV. This model does not have a usb-c or lightning connector.
On the Internet I found instructions on how to solder usb to the board and switch to DFU. Everything is soldered and the computer sees the prefix, it is translated into DFU. iTunes sees that the set-top box is in DFU, but it does not download the firmware itself and writes that firmware for this device is not available. iTunes is the latest version and tried both on PC and Mac. The result is one. I did not find the firmware in ipsw recovery format on the Internet. Only for OTA updates. I also tried ReiBoot, it also asks for firmware for recovery. Help to restore the prefix. Maybe someone did this or maybe there is a firmware?

Gladbags

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2013
I took my Apple TV 4K A1842 to Apple Store and they said they couldn't restore it either. I was surprised. Maybe all it needs is a firmware/software reset. I wonder why Apple doesn't offer that service?

x-man

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2008
London
Mine started with the flashing LED issue but now doesnt show anything at all. I took it to the apple store and they just suggested I get a new one... they didnt take it inside for anything... Is there any way to reboot it just via the LAN port?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.