Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
Has anyone discovered a way to replace the Fantastical icon with the date from the normal calendar app? This is the only flaw with this app and now that we have our jailbreak I'm sure there's some way to do it. Thoughts, help?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Not sure it works on iOS 6, but check out the OpenOther app in Cydia.

bushbabywas

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
doesn't work

tried openother on my jailbroken 6.1 and it doesn't work. Shame, because it's an excellent solution for third-party calendar apps.

Dev no longer has a twitter account, but if someone can find him to ask/beg for an iOS 6 compatible version that'd be great...

Sydryx

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2011
tried openother on my jailbroken 6.1 and it doesn't work. Shame, because it's an excellent solution for third-party calendar apps.

Dev no longer has a twitter account, but if someone can find him to ask/beg for an iOS 6 compatible version that'd be great...

Actually, I just found that OpenOther works fine on iOS 6 with a little work. What doesn't seem to work is the usual way of selecting the redirect (putting the iPhone into wiggle mode, double tapping the icon, etc).

However, if you go into settings and manually insert the bundle identifiers for the apps it seems to work fine (at least on my iPhone 5 running 6.1).

For "App to Redirect": com.apple.mobilecal
For "Redirect": com.flexibits.fantastical.iphone

Hope this helps!

bushbabywas

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
ah, I didn't realise you had to use the bundle identifier, I just put the name. That's great, thanks!

a2k

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
Actually, I just found that OpenOther works fine on iOS 6 with a little work. What doesn't seem to work is the usual way of selecting the redirect (putting the iPhone into wiggle mode, double tapping the icon, etc).

However, if you go into settings and manually insert the bundle identifiers for the apps it seems to work fine (at least on my iPhone 5 running 6.1).

For "App to Redirect": com.apple.mobilecal
For "Redirect": com.flexibits.fantastical.iphone

Hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing, but am I missing something. I don't see an option to insert the bundle identifiers manually in settings?

bushbabywas

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011
In OpenOther settings on my phone, there are only three settings: an enable toggle, an 'app to redirect' field, and a 'redirect' field. the bundle identifiers can be entered into those fields. Or are those fields not visible for you?

a2k

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011
In OpenOther settings on my phone, there are only three settings: an enable toggle, an 'app to redirect' field, and a 'redirect' field. the bundle identifiers can be entered into those fields. Or are those fields not visible for you?

Thanks for the prompt reply! This is what mines looks like.. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0053.PNG
    IMG_0053.PNG
    104.5 KB · Views: 161

a2k

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2011

Ah!!! Figured it out. I had the wrong app. Downloaded OpenOther+ instead of OpenOther (sans the +) Works as described above. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.