Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superspiffy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I'm really tempted to get a T2i after reading good reviews about it. But is it enough to replace a tried and true 3 CCD prosumer cam? How's the T2i when it comes to filming things like weddings, special events, in-door functions, etc where mobility is a must and low lighting and is always an issue?

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
You are talking about for video primarily? i would forgo the T2i and maybe try and get the 7D or even the 5D2. The 7D will be dropping in price over the next few months (Canon will be announcing a few new models in August or September), so if you can hold out..

Andrew Kramer did a comparison of the Red One and the 7D for video, really interesting. The vid is posted on videocopilot.net

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
The biggest problems is that you can only record for 12 minutes at a time, constantly have to worry about moire and jello.

I would suggest you drop by the Cinema5D forum and have a good read-up about the disadvantages and advantages of using a dSLR for video.

Anything specific you want to know?

I am shooting with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.