Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

owlinksy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2019
Minnesota
Hello,

I was replacing the adhesive on my 27" iMac 2019 i5, and I may have stressed either the Power Supply Signal Cable, or the Display Data cable. Because I get the startup chime but no signal to the display. I am wondering if in fact the Power Supply Signal Cable is broken can it be replaced? It seems to wrap around the display and towards the bottom. From the cables that I have found online they look very short, however the cable is wrapped in cloth tape and didn't want to mess with it too much f I did not have to. This is the cable: https://www.unionrepair.com/power-s...r-imac-27-a1419-a2115-late-2012-mid-2020.html

I can see I can replace the Data cable pretty easily. But wasn't sure on the power cable. I am hoping this is easier than replacing the display entirely.

Additionally, if the connector on the logic board is broken will the logic board need to be replaced? Or can a new connector be soldered on?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thank you.

owlinksy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2019
Minnesota
Great! So it is possible. I wonder if typical repair shops would take on this challenge or just force me to buy a new logic board...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.