Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidgnomo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
Imola (BO) - Italy
I'm about to buy an OWC kit to make the upgrade by myself and there's plenty of videos about how to replace the hardware on the OWC site and on YouTube ... what I cannot find anywhere is a tutorial on how to take everything (Mac OS included) from my old Fusion disk and put it on the new SSD : can anybody help ?

jerwin

Suspended
Jun 13, 2015
I've used Time Machine.

ie, install a fresh copy of mojave; migrate data from time machine.
Of course, having a copy of the system install disk image-- perhaps on a bootable USB stick helps a good deal. I think that the Time Machine disk is bootable. You may wish to check this.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I was wondering if there's a place where I can find a video tutorial that explains in detail how to do what you jerwin just wrote ...

It's pretty simple if using Time Machine. Just make sure you have an up-to-date TM back up, and then follow the instructions on the Apple website. I did it this way when I replaced my old HDD with an SSD/HDD combo to create a fusion drive, and it was as easy as advertised.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.