Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
For about 15 years, I have been using Apple's old iWeb and GoDaddy to build and maintain a simple public web-site (a homepage, plus 3 to 5 pages attached to that homepage) to inform visitors about a one-day annual history event. I'm contemplating migration to Apple Silicon hardware (which rules out using iWeb) and GoDaddy is a costly pain to rely on for domain-name hosting and web-server hosting. I've have numerous problems with them over the last ten years.

I've been thinking that it's time to shut down the web-site altogether and instead start a no-cost blog. Are there any blogging services out there that are Mac-friendly, easy to post at least a few photos to, post updates on the event to, and also links so people can get the date of our event added to their calendar and also a link to our event's Facebook page?

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
i use sitey which is free and easy, well the platform is based on what images that are uploaded.

and there is a free mac-mojave web editor/design program called rocketcake?
that is on my Mountain Lion ssd drive and can find out the exact title.

this site alternativeto might have something you are looking for.

Reactions: Wingsley
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.