Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
NC
A friend of mine lost access to his account and has been trying to reset his password for the past 6 months or so. I thought he was doing it wrong but after assisting him for the past month, I thought to ask for help on this sub.
We go through the iforgot.apple.com, enter in the email associated with the account, enter the phone number associated with the account, and always Apple will say they'll get back to him in a few hours or the next day. Like clockwork, they get back to us saying that they'll call two weeks from now.
However, for the past few months, the call *never* comes through. No missed calls or SMS or emails. I was wondering if anyone has any experience dealing with this? We've called Apple support and they seem to say that it's all automated and that there is nothing they can do.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
they must not have access to the backup email that was used to create their Apple ID? usually it will let you answer security questions if you set that up, but if not, it will email you a link at the email you used as a backup. did they use a backup email? If not, there's kinda no way to get back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.