Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milkybarkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2006
how can i resize my 1.5MB - 2.5MB pictures into 600k ones in iphoto so that they will go on myspace? have tried downloading software that will do this but as i have a mac my comp doesn't understand them. thanks.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
The only way I have found to do this with iPhoto is to select all the photos you want to resize, then Export them somewhere else on the harddrive in the smaller size. Then I go and import those pictures and remove the old, big versions of the photos. I couldn't find a way to do this within iPhoto itself.

AxisOfBeagles

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Top of the South
Select all the photos you wish to resize and upload to MySpace. File-Export. Choose JPEG, and the medium file size. what's nice with this is that you can also rename the entire batch with a unique, common name and sequential number (batch001, batch002, etc).

Choose a folder on your desktop, or elsewhere, and then upload to MySpace.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
how can i resize my 1.5MB - 2.5MB pictures into 600k ones in iphoto so that they will go on myspace? have tried downloading software that will do this but as i have a mac my comp doesn't understand them. thanks.

You don't need additional software or some web-based service. The feature is built-into iPhoto. When you "export" the photo you will see a dialog box that allows you to specify the size and format of the file(s). It works well and is very fast. The image inside the iPhoto library is not changed.

Captpegleg

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
You can move them to the desktop and open them with Preview and resize them with that. You can also do some other adjustments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.