Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woody1066

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2023
Really hoping someone can help me here.

I have been developing a game in Unity engine on a MacBook Pro for 2 years. I have been testing the game just fine. I made a build of the game and that build played just fine. However, last night I was using a 4K monitor with my Macbook Pro. I disconnected the monitor, launched the game application, and the resolution is all wrong (my UI is bananas). The MacBook seems to be displaying the wrong resolution for this one application. It is not a Unity issue, as I have tried the exact application build on a different MacBook and the same issue does not occur. I even just tried the same build on a different user and it displays correctly. There is something with how my specific User is displaying this specific application.

It seems like there should be a way to clear anything related to the application but I can't figure out how.

Woody1066

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2023
Oh my god.

I have spent hours working on this and 5 minutes after I post here it's fixed. I was able to fix it building building the the game at a lower resolution (1080p), running it, then building the game at the intended resolution (4K). For whatever reason this fixed it.

I'll leave this here if it's useful for anyone else. Mods - feel free to delete if it's not useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.