Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happypeople

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this today while looking to update to iOS 10 today.

I am running iOS 9.3.2 on my iPhone 6s and when I go into Settings - General - Software Update - it only shows the available iOS 9.3.5 update.

Do I need to update to iOS 9.3.5 before I can update to iOS 10?

I don't really want to have to update through iTunes as for some reason I always run into an issue when taking that route. Also Over the Air updates always seem to be significantly faster.

Thank you very much in advance,

Happypeople

Edit: Located in Canada, though I do not imagine that would have an impact on anything would it?

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
Hey everyone,

I am wondering if anyone else has run into this today while looking to update to iOS 10 today.

I am running iOS 9.3.2 on my iPhone 6s and when I go into Settings - General - Software Update - it only shows the available iOS 9.3.5 update.

Do I need to update to iOS 9.3.5 before I can update to iOS 10?

I don't really want to have to update through iTunes as for some reason I always run into an issue when taking that route. Also Over the Air updates always seem to be significantly faster.

Thank you very much in advance,

Happypeople
Have you tried deleting the 9.3.5 update?

happypeople

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Have you tried deleting the 9.3.5 update?
I am not actually sure how I would go about doing that?

In the past if I have not installed a software update, it has always been overwritten with the most recent one though.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
I am not actually sure how I would go about doing that?

In the past if I have not installed a software update, it has always been overwritten with the most recent one though.
Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage

I'm guessing it probably won't happen automatically as quickly due to server load. It can take some time as well with the update being so new.

happypeople

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2014
Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage

I'm guessing it probably won't happen automatically as quickly due to server load. It can take some time as well with the update being so new.
Thank you very much. Deleted the iOS 9.3.5 Update worked perfectly and now iOS 10 is in Settings > General > Software Update.

Really appreciate the advice, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.