Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Cai

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
NYC, USA
I backup my iPhone X tonight via iTunes to PC, and will get iPhone xs max tomorrow.
I have question, should I use Restore backup or Restore iPhone in iTunes to the new iPhone, any idea guys?
2018-09-21_0-21-46.jpg

Txguy82

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2016
so What's the difference between restore back up and restore iPhone? I heard restore new phone is always the way to go!

Restore back up is picking up where u left off on old device to your new device. You restore your saved data to the new phone.

Restore iPhone is basically resetting all configuration you have on iPhone and restore it back to like new out of the box settings.

Restore back up is picking up where u left off on old device to your new device. You restore your saved data to the new phone.

Restore iPhone is basically resetting all configuration you have on iPhone and restore it back to like new out of the box settings.
Thank you for the response! Which one is better? also my iPhone is very buggy should I set it up as new

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
If an app is no longer in the app store what's the best way to move that app to the new phone ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.