Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terrab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
France
Hello,

My iPad2 GSM is sick ! It did not power up after going to standby ; I must to press POWER and HOME to turn it back on. So I changed the battery ... but the symptom is worse; It does not restart with POWER and HOME buttons ; However, sometimes I can restart it ... if I leave it on (USB charging) it works perfectly ... I'm thinking about an iOS problem ... I want to downgrade from iOS 9.3.5 to 8.4. .. i got the file ipsw; I go into DFU mode and try to restore but I can not 8.4 (I can restore a local backup iOS 9) ... I have a "TATSU delcined message" ... like this...
tatsuipad2-png.682719

Nothing in /etc/hosts (gs.apple.com), IPAD location disabled, computer authorized...
What to do ? Thats crazy !!!!

thank you,

Attachments

• tatsuipad2.png
    tatsuipad2.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,016

acorntoy

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2010
Apple doesn't sign that IOS anymore, so it is rejecting the restore. To restore to that version you would have to have the SHSH Blobs saved from that device for that IOS version (honestly can't even remember if SHSH Blobs actually worked past the A4). Long story short- to restore that device you will have to restore it to it's more recent IOS version.

Reactions: Cameroncafe10a

terrab

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
France
"Long story short- to restore that device you will have to restore it to it's more recent IOS version."
Arg ! I'm so sad... i'm suspected.
Thanks
TB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.