Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eatmyjustice

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Washington, USA
I have a number of old photos from the 60's and 70's that have faded. The colors are also all wrong. A few years ago a friend showed me an application that would take a scanned photo and fix all of these things automatically, but I don't remember what the app was called. Apparently, these photos degrade in a similar way. I'm not a professional photographer and I'm looking for an inexpensive application that can fix my old photos with a few clicks.

Thanks,
Joe

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
It's not exactly what you want, but this can work. You take the first photo and manually adjust the colors to what you want, then apply that curve to the rest of the photos (assuming they have all aged similarly). This isn't perfect and probably more complicated than you are looking for, but it is cheap and pretty quick.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
The epson scanners come bundled with the EpsonScan software that will do a pretty good restoration. Not a great one but probably as good as you will need them. I can't remember how to go about it as I only use the professional setting and restore/edit in Photoshop.

eatmyjustice

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Washington, USA
It's not exactly what you want, but this can work. You take the first photo and manually adjust the colors to what you want, then apply that curve to the rest of the photos (assuming they have all aged similarly). This isn't perfect and probably more complicated than you are looking for, but it is cheap and pretty quick.

ok, that makes sense. I don't, however, have an application to do even that. I have an imac... it's stock. iphoto only seems to be a photo organization tool and I need some sort of editor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.