Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roski11

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I backed up my X and I want to restore it on a 6 is that possible ? Whats the lowest model I can use that will restore the info I had on my X ?

I tried with a 5 and it said the software was too old. Even after i had updated to the "newest" firmware

Thanks !

tehStickMan

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2018
Australia
iPhone 6 can run the latest iOS, so you should be fine.

I have a feeling that restoring requires iOS10 or higher, but I can't find info to prove it quickly.

Daisy Styles

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2018
S.F
You can upgrade your iPhone 6 iOS to be t
You can restore any iTunes backup to another device as long as the receiving device is on the same OS or later.
Exactly! Your the iOS version on your iPhone 6 is probably lower than the iOS version on your X.

You have two options:
1: Upgrade your iPhone 6 to the latest iOS version.
2: if you only want to restore some specific data from iPhone X to iPhone 6, such as photo, contacts, you might want to try a third party iPhone backup software. Here is a guide: https://www.5kplayer.com/iphone-manager/backup-iphone-without-itunes.htm and this software is curently for free.

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
And don't forget to make sure that there is enough storage on 6! Most common issue is when the backup is just bigger than free space on the device.

Reactions: Daisy Styles
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.