Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kotsoum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hello macrumors community,

i'm a software developer with a huge passion for retro gaming, especially the NES era. After months of work, I've just released my own NES emulator for iOS called Retroman.

Loading games is straightforward: simply save legal NES ROM files (.nes) to your device using the iOS Files app, then open Retroman and select the game you want to play. Retroman also supports loading ROMs directly from other iOS apps using the 'Open In' feature.

As a dev and a gamer, my goal was to create something that really captures the essence of playing on the original hardware. Some key features I focused on:

• Smooth gameplay with minimal lag
  • Gamepad support for that authentic feel
  • iCloud sync for saved states
  • Options to tweak video & audio settings
I'm really proud of how it turned out, especially the performance and the privacy aspects (no data tracking, everything stays on your device).

You can download Retroman from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id6502994389

I'd love to hear your feedback, thoughts and suggestions about Retroman and how it compares to other NES emulators you've used. Your feedback on its performance, features, and overall experience will be crucial in guiding future updates and improvement.

01.png
02.png
03.png

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: OddyOh

kotsoum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
We've just released a new update for Retroman with some key improvements:
  1. Fixed iPad layout issues for better landscape gameplay
  2. Resolved content resizing bug on iPad
  3. Added slide-tap for A and B buttons, enhancing control responsiveness
Update now to enjoy these enhancements. As always, we value your feedback.

App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id6502994389

Thanks for your continued support!

kotsoum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Retroman is now on Product Hunt! 🚀

If you like it, I'd really appreciate a rating and review.

Last edited:

kotsoum

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Retroman 2.0.0: Now Free and Better Than Ever!

We're excited to announce the release of Retroman 2.0.0, a major update that brings significant improvements and makes our premium NES emulator free for all iOS users!

What's New in Retroman 2.0.0:

• Now free to download! Experience classic NES gaming without any cost
• Enhanced stability: Fixed crashes related to some NES mappers for smoother gameplay across more titles
• Performance improvements: Enjoy even better emulation speed and responsiveness
• Optimized rendering for a more authentic NES visual experience
• Various bug fixes for improved overall stability

Download it for free from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id6502994389

As passionate retro gaming enthusiasts, we've worked hard to make Retroman the best NES emulator for iOS. This update reflects our commitment to providing the ultimate NES experience on your iPhone and iPad.

We value your input! Please try out the new version and let us know what you think. Your feedback helps us continue improving Retroman.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.