Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angriff

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
I exchanged my MacBook Pro today because I wasn't happy with the fit and finish of the first one. Since it was processed as an exchange and "re-buying" the new one, does that mean I have a full 14 day return period on this one if something pops up that I'm unhappy with? Or do I only have what was left on the first return period? I'm guessing the former, but does anyone know for sure? I didn't think to ask at the store.

edit: Just called the store, and they said it is in fact 14 days from the exchange.

Last edited:

upinflames900

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
I do not know for sure, but my guess would be the following. If you want to return the macbook to get your full refund, you likely only have the original refund period. If you want a different macbook because something is wrong with that one, I would say the store would give you the new refund period (starting when you got the new one). To be sure I would call the store.

thetechfixer

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Canada
I do not know for sure, but my guess would be the following. If you want to return the macbook to get your full refund, you likely only have the original refund period. If you want a different macbook because something is wrong with that one, I would say the store would give you the new refund period (starting when you got the new one). To be sure I would call the store.

Yes, that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.