Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if the iPhone models without 3D touch (iPhone 5c) will be getting the rich notification support on the Home & Lock Screen, especially interested in the 32-bit devices.
Thanks,
Vis

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if the iPhone models without 3D touch (iPhone 5c) will be getting the rich notification support on the Home & Lock Screen, especially interested in the 32-bit devices.
Thanks,
Vis

You should be able to have Rich Notifications. I do on my iPhone SE without 3D Touch.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
You should be able to have Rich Notifications. I do on my iPhone SE without 3D Touch.
OH NO! Just did some research and in typical Apple fashion.
''
  • Rich notifications are available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later.''
This is like the main feature of iOS 10 and they take it away from us. :(:(:(

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
''
  • Rich notifications are available on iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air or later, and iPad mini 2 or later.''

Hard to call something as "taking it away from us" when it wasn't offered in the first place. Also it's very common for bottom of the barrel supported devices to not get some of the features in the latest iOS's. A6 devices don't get any of the machine learning/photo scanning/memories either.

Same thing happened last year for the 4s iPhones and not receiving every feature.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
''
They've stopped putting time into 32 bit devices for the most part. Doesn't really surprise me.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
Hard to call something as "taking it away from us" when it wasn't offered in the first place. Also it's very common for bottom of the barrel supported devices to not get some of the features in the latest iOS's. A6 devices don't get any of the machine learning/photo scanning/memories either.

Same thing happened last year for the 4s iPhones and not receiving every feature.
True that, but really? take away the main feature, at least A6 have got widgets
[doublepost=1473552465][/doublepost]
They've stopped putting time into 32 bit devices for the most part. Doesn't really surprise me.
Yes that is true, most of their devices are now 62-bit

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Could be worse. Canada and numerous countries still don't have the News app. Which has been a major talked about marquee feature during both WWDC's for both iOS 9 and iOS 10. That not even device/hardware specific.

Yeah, but that's probably a licensing issue.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Could be worse. Canada and numerous countries still don't have the News app. Which has been a major talked about marquee feature during both WWDC's for both iOS 9 and iOS 10. That not even device/hardware specific.
Yeah. It's ironic that I have the news app widget on my 5s running the public beta, but no news app available anywhere.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand

[doublepost=1474854148][/doublepost]Thanks for that, decided to pick up a iPhone 5s Gold 64GB, want speed and new iOS 10 features, and sick of 8GB on my iPhone 5c.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.