Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gothamcitydemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Hello everyone!

So, I'm new to iPhone and I've had my 7 plus since around late January, meaning when I got the phone I was up-to-date with iOS.10. Although 3D Touch and Rich notifications works for all my apps just fine, I love Instagram's the most, especially being able to pull up the photo from the lock screen/notification bar, also the fact that when I would click on a notification, the remaining Instagram notifications wouldn't clear. So let's say when I get an update from Instagram that two of my favorite artists posted something, if I click on one I can't see what they posted, but I can like, comment, or view in-app, and two, whether I use 3D Touch or click on the notification and it brings me to the app, for some reason it'll clear the notification from the other artist. It's really frustrating because I'm social on my Instagram and I love keeping up-to-date with the people I follow, but hate finding their posts in the feed even though I had the notification. My Androids always did this, and it was kind of annoying. This started about a month ago, but I updated to iOS.10.3 just last night. How can I fix this and what could have possibly gone wrong?

P.S. I tried deleting the app and downloading again as well as resting all settings

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like Instgram changed it at some point recently, either on purpose for some reason, or perhaps unintentionally due to a bug or something like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.