Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timothevs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
FL
Yes, bug report submitted, yada yada.
This was an issue I noted in macOS High Sierra, and had to revert back to Sierra. I had hoped Mojave would have solved the issue, but nope, it is still there.

I use my headless Mac Server remotely, connecting via ARD. No matter what method I use to connect to the host (ARD, VNC, NoMachine, Jump Desktop), the right click + drag does not work as expected.

This right click + drag is especially useful in Opera, or Firefox as gestures.

The issue is NOT prevalent in 10.12.6 when it is acting as host (while running 3.9.4). To be noted is that the last known ARD version that worked was 3.9.4.

A minor annoyance, for sure, in what is shaping up to be a beautiful release, but not having found anything on the forum about this, I thought I'd document it here.

steveaburns

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
is there an alternative that works for you fro right click and drag -- I saw this posted somewhere... this is for trackpad, and I think 3 finger drag now has to be turned on in system preferences / accessibility

Press and hold Alt (Option) and then use the 3-finger drag. While still pressing down Alt (Option) and not letting go, lift your 3 fingers and then you'll see a right-click menu that shows the options like "Copy", "Move" and "Cancel".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.