Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rxl125

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
Does Ritz camera price match with amazon?

If not what is the best place online or in person to get the Canon XT?

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
While I'm not too sure about the price match, I can tell you that Ritz and Wolf are generally overpriced and their staff is less than knowledgeable.

Probably the best place to get a good deal on an XT (that's the 350, not the 400 (XTi)) is B&H or Adorama. For used equipment, check out keh.

purdueboiler87

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2005
Clearwater, FL
I second B&H.

I was in Ritz recently and they wanted $1999 for the Canon 70 - 200 2.8 IS lens. You can get that a lot cheaper at B&H and pay no tax.

If you are ever in NYC, go by B&H. The store is incredible and they have every camera and lens available for you to look at and try.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
But, I think they will only match their in-store prices (assuming that they are different from the online cost).

As for Amazon, I think Ritz.com will match amazon, but the .com's customer service leaves plenty to be desired. For example, their protection plan (it's pretty nice) can only be serviced via shipment to ritz.com. You can't take it into one of their myriad of B/M locations.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I HATE RITZ!!!

I worked there for two years of my live and I am still in therapy

They will not price match online... and they will not price match with any special deals that are going on at the time. They will not price match from stores not in the same area as the store you are going to, or different states.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.