Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EssieInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
Everytime I go to a best buy or Apple store, I try to brighten up the laptop screens. They seem so dim to me.

Does anybody think this way too?? They make the screens brighter in the next update...

EssieInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
I know Im gonna buy one. Was a bit disappointed in the store tho. Watevs

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
There is literally no way to know what the next lot of screens will be like (pretty much the same I'd imagine though).

If Apple don't make what you want buy something else.

Reactions: ABC5S and Blujelly

EssieInc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2016
I just found it funny how whenever i came up to one i thought "oh its a bit dim let me just.......just..... Oh its already up to 100..."

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
my rMBP 13 inch 2015 is extremely bright. sometimes i back it off as it bothers my eyes. esp if the room is not fully lit.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have to say with my MBPs (I've owned both a 15" and 13" MBP in the past), they've been plenty bright, so much so, I usually turn them down quite a bit, otherwise it feels like my eyes are going to burn out of my socket.

Mike in Kansas

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2008
Metro Kansas City
The screen brightness in the stores is WAY brighter than you ever need at home. I rarely run my MBP above 50%; my Dell external 4k display burns my eyes on its default setting, so if you are used to that level of brightness in the store you surely don't need it at home unless you are sitting outside in broad daylight.

Reactions: EssieInc

Spudlicious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2015
Bedfordshire, England
Oh gee never thought of that.

WOW IT WORKED THANKS!

I never take out my sunglasses

NEVER.

I'm here to serve. Seriously though, my rMBP 13 screen is way brighter than my 17" and 14" inch Lenovo's as well as much sharper, so I'm happy with it. Must confess I never look at stuff in stores, every laptop I've owned has been an internet buy.

Reactions: EssieInc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.