Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Xer0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2017
Las Vegas
So here in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV we've had a few store robberies and burglaries at major wireless phone retail stores.

These individuals are hitting stores at night just before closing and due to some of these stores policies that require them to leave doors open when customers are in, the criminals are able to come in when there are minimal people occupying the store which means less witnesses and usually only a few employees. These are also the times phones are being moved around, money being taken to safes, devices taken off display and removing security devices.

If you work for a major retail wireless store (not only in NV) be sure to speak with your management to possibly, if only temporarily, to change your policy on closing down the store and locking doors during the release of the iPhone X so that you aren't getting rushed by people who are looking to take advantage of unsuspecting citizens.

The mindset of these companies is that it's just property but I'm not one to gamble on a subject only being interested in taking phones. There's nothing stopping them from taking things further, I'm sure I don't have to draw out what I mean. So with that said, as always be safe and aware of your surroundings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.