Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hifijack6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a important question, I have a mac pro and want to use an RTX A6000 in my mac pro with bootcamp. Somone said that it would not work because of the Ampere Architecture of the card and some people say it would work perfectly fine. Does someone know the right anser to that? Does the nividia RTX A6000 work in bootcamp in mac pro?

strangerthanlight

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2021
Da Beast

68413A09-9B43-41F2-A24F-88AA2654FEE0.jpeg

Reactions: DrEGPU

DrEGPU

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a important question, I have a mac pro and want to use an RTX A6000 in my mac pro with bootcamp. Somone said that it would not work because of the Ampere Architecture of the card and some people say it would work perfectly fine. Does someone know the right anser to that? Does the nividia RTX A6000 work in bootcamp in mac pro?
I ran 2x 3090's in my Mac Pro 2019 7,1 back when I still had it. The 3090's are also ampere architecture and worked just fine on Windows Bootcamp. That person might have been referring to the fact that nvidia GPU's older than Kepler aren't supported by MacOS. Either that, or they didn't know what they were talking about!

hifijack6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
Any long term observations and advice? Is the A6000 worth it?
Now I have the A6000. It pretty much a beast, but hot: 80degreas on full load. On bootcamp the card work perfektly fine. Definly worth it, its fast.
The point is: My computer is dying before I run out of the 40GB VRAM

Last edited:
Reactions: Romanesco
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.