Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Hello
I am using MBP 2015 running Mojave
I need Win 10 for quite limited operations like to use browser for establish connection to remote server or etc. It works only on Win hence I need Win 10.
There are a few options to have second OS on Mac but I would prefer to use USB drive.
I used to run Linux from USB on my former Windows laptop with no issue hence I thought I could do similar from MBP.
Any advice?
Thanks

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
Finally I decided not to play with USB and installed boot camp

Joeronzk

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2020
For Mac with large SSD/HDD, boot camp is a nice option. Actually, running windows 10 from USB 3.1 drive/portable SSD is a quite good solution for Macs with 128GB SSD.

Susja

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2017
For Mac with large SSD/HDD, boot camp is a nice option. Actually, running windows 10 from USB 3.1 drive/portable SSD is a quite good solution for Macs with 128GB SSD.
Well unfortunately my MBP has only 120 Gb and ~60 Gb was already allocated for Mac OS hence when I installed boot camp it allocated only 37 Gb for Win 10 and did not allow me to resize.
Anyway Win 10 is running now with no issues. I am planning to use Windows only for Web browsing hence I hope that size won’t be a culprit for me.
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.