Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Ok. So I'm not the world's best photographer - I'm learning and trying. I need to get out shooting more often.

But I LOVE checking out the photos of the day etc.. Some fantastic photos out there.

I was wondering/thinking that MR should have some sort of a 'photo of the day' store' where ppl could dload other ppl's photos for wallpaper etc.. There could be a split between MR and the owner for every dload.

I have no idea if the scope of this idea is ridiculous, but all i know, is I think I would buy some snaps to use as wallpaper...heck, maybe even print a few.

Of course, there should be some way to copyright protect the photos out of respect for the original photographer.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Keebler

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I believe one of the photo sites...Shutterfly? Does this. What needs to be done is Shutterfly needs to create an affiliate store program where communities like this could go and sell their photos. It would provide additional web presence and branding for Macrumors and get SF additional business to boot.

Free business plan idea for Shutterfly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.