Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dimme

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
I have been reading alot about monitor types lately. I have a Samsung 204t at home and calibrate it with a monico optix. I have happy with the results. I tend to sit in the same spot when doing my image editing so the color shifting with different viewing angles is not a issue. Given this will I see a big difference in color quality if I was to step up to a S-IPA monitor? I am only thinking of changing because I read that S-IPA monitors are better for digital photography. Again I seem to be happy with my setup.

RemarkabLee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
I have been reading alot about monitor types lately. I have a Samsung 204t at home and calibrate it with a monico optix. I have happy with the results. I tend to sit in the same spot when doing my image editing so the color shifting with different viewing angles is not a issue. Given this will I see a big difference in color quality if I was to step up to a S-IPA monitor? I am only thinking of changing because I read that S-IPA monitors are better for digital photography. Again I seem to be happy with my setup.

It's not all about the matrix type. You have to consider other parts of a display that can affect quality, such as the backlight, the LUTs and other technologies.

That is why a Dell IPS monitor is worlds apart from, say an Eizo IPS monitor which is probably the brand of choice when it comes to colour accuracy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.