Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CusmaR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
So I’m walking a lot now with my kid in the stroller, I have the iPhone 12PM in a mount and apple watch s6 gps on my wrist. I also like to play pokemon go on the walk.

but whenever I start a training session (walking) on the watch, my character in pokemon stops walking. Even google maps & apple maps gets stuck in place and it’s position updates rarely, if so it gets stuck in a new position.

I close the training and the GPS works fine again.

talked to apple support and they just keep telling me to restore everything, I’ve restored my phone through itunes, and my watch through unpairing it. Didn’t help.

Is this a common problem?
Or is it by design?

thanks!

edit: phone gps works fine on its own, and watch gps works fine without phone.

edit2: both on latest updates.

Last edited:

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I don't use Pokemon, but I have frequently used Google Maps or Apple Maps on iPhone while having a workout running on watch, no problem (usually because I forget to stop the workout). I have iPhone 11PM and AW S5.
So I would say it is not a common problem.

CusmaR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for your reply, I’ve now unpaired and restored both devices again, and skipped backups. Soon out for a test walk.

rmw49

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Maybe it's dropping a hint to communicate with your child rather than be immersed in your phone!?

Reactions: nattK

CusmaR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2021
Wow thanks for the great parent advice, it’s his nap time whereas he sleeps for 1,5-2 hours if you had to know...

on topic, the restore on both devices did nothing different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.