Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceN64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2021
Universe
Man, I wish that Apple will allow iPadOS on the iPad Air 2.

Sadly, I don't think its going to happen due to how powerful the iPad Air 2 is :(

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here

Sadly, I don't think its going to happen due to how powerful the iPad Air 2 is :(
Erm, iPadOS is just Apple's branding for iOS on the iPad. The iPad Air 2 can currently run the latest operating system iPadOS 14. Do you mean you're concerned about it running iPadOS 15? We'll find out during WWDC next month. If Apple does drop A9-class devices then I think it is likely that the A8X will also be dropped as it shares the same amount of RAM (2GB) and roughly on par performance.

SpaceN64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2021
Universe
Erm, iPadOS is just Apple's branding for iOS on the iPad. The iPad Air 2 can currently run the latest operating system iPadOS 14. Do you mean you're concerned about it running iPadOS 15? We'll find out during WWDC next month. If Apple does drop A9-class devices then I think it is likely that the A8X will also be dropped as it shares the same amount of RAM (2GB) and roughly on par performance.
yeah, its been big speculation that the iPad Air 2 is going to not be included in the next iPadOS update, so most likely the other iPad's that came out will be excluded from the new update.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016

So you. Hose the title because you decided to become proactively sad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.