Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
I try to use Safari 15.1 on Monterey with my new MacBook Pro 14 but I came across so many websites are having issue loading in Safari. I even erased my macOS and fresh install. No lucks.

Reddit.com has been half way loading end up box square placeholder on icons randomly and took another 30 seconds to load everything.
Bethesda.net website don't even load at all? Can someone confirm this is just me on Safari? + Safari iOS same issue.

I even turned off all the privacy protections and etc.

Firefox, Chrome - all works fine. Why Safari is such a pain? Webkit? Is that mean I need to give up Apple Pay, Hide my Email and HDR over Firefox? It sucks, sadly.

Reactions: nortonandreev

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
it sucks... for you. not everyone is having these issues, and perhaps asking for help here would be more useful then just complaining.

reddit loads fine here. the bethesda site is blank for me (even after turning off all content blockers).

are you running an adblocker? (& if so, is it up-to-date?)

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
No, I had everything disabled on Safari. Bethesda is blank so it's just not me then.

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
Safari is the new Internet Explorer. Dev needs to do all sorts of things to keep it alive. Some decide to just skip it and they will recommend using Chrome.

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
I try to use Safari 15.1 on Monterey with my new MacBook Pro 14 but I came across so many websites are having issue loading in Safari. I even erased my macOS and fresh install. No lucks.

Reddit.com has been half way loading end up box square placeholder on icons randomly and took another 30 seconds to load everything.
Bethesda.net website don't even load at all? Can someone confirm this is just me on Safari? + Safari iOS same issue.

I even turned off all the privacy protections and etc.

Firefox, Chrome - all works fine. Why Safari is such a pain? Webkit? Is that mean I need to give up Apple Pay, Hide my Email and HDR over Firefox? It sucks, sadly.

Both sites load fine for me, and I’m using Adblock for Safari as well as the adblocking filter on my router (Amplify Alien).
Weird that it’s not loading for you, even on a clean install...

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2021
Oh hey, old post lol. This is resolved after refreshing my macOS.

hmorneau

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2016
What do you mean by "refreshing"? I still hit website that doesn't work from time to time and I need to open Chrome.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Safari started working better on Monterey, but now it is acting up after the latest Monterey upgrade to 12.1
Facebook notifications sometimes not appearing, some websites just not working properly. Annoying

telo123

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2021
Safari is the new Internet Explorer. Dev needs to do all sorts of things to keep it alive. Some decide to just skip it and they will recommend using Chrome.
Just wanted to point the truth in this. My school's learning platform literally says at the bottom of the page,

"We do not recommend Safari or Brave and we are not responsible for issues that may arise during assessments or submissions. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox are the recommended browsers for this platform."

I'm just … damn. I go back and forth with Safari and Chrome, but I think I'll just stick with Chrome, as it is a one size fits all situation. Energy CPU isn't my concern anymore as I've gone at least 8 hours with Chrome, could be more with Safari, but it's not like I'm far away from a power source.

Last edited:

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
I've been getting this a lot and for a while and it seems to have been a problem for quite sometime judging from how long this has been happening.
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.32.34 AM.jpg

the rest of the page doesn't load and have to press reload several times or quickly go to the end of the page and then back up lol. yeah, Firefox gets more and more play, lol.

Artiste212

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Just wanted to point the truth in this. My school's learning platform literally says at the bottom of the page,

I'm just … damn. I go back and forth with Safari and Chrome, but I think I'll just stick with Chrome, as it is a one size fits all situation. Energy CPU isn't my concern anymore as I've gone at least 8 hours with Chrome, could be more with Safari, but it's not like I'm far away from a power source.
This is often because some smaller computer systems don't program for several different browsers and pick those they want to work with, just discriminating against users of other platforms. It has nothing to do with how good or bad an individual platform is. Chrome and Edge are both based on Chromium, so it's easy to program for both at the same time. They chose Firefox as their second browser, but it could be because they favor Windows over Macs.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
It's incredibly frustrating that a company as rich as Apple can't make a reliable browser. Kind of pathetic, really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.