Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dumiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
Accra (Ghana)
I really love the new Safari and that's one the reason installed Monterey on a separate APFS volume to see what I'll be missing as I have an unsupported mac now.

But after accessing my apps folder from Big Sur drive among preinstalled apple app the only app showing is Safari, along with the Tech Preview.

Normally Safari should be grey-out of missing like the others ones right?

I tried to launch safari 14 and it work but instead it looks like safari 15, which made me wonder if safari 15 will be released on macOS 11 with the 11.5 update.

What do you think, personally it'll be great, and i might skip the upgrade (unsupported), if they also bring system preference password to Big Sur as most of the other new (interesting) features are available only on M1 macs.

dumiku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
Accra (Ghana)
Yes, I agree, I will probably not migrate if that happens, especially the password manager in System Preferences, I guess the other apps like FaceTime & Notes will not get the upgrade/update since they don't show up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.