Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gustavopi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Brazil
Will write fast until I have memory left...
After upgraded Monterrey, the software update suggested the upgrade of Safari, and I did.
Now the page I am viewing and working on it starts do grow up in memory, up to 1GB, 2GB, became unresponsive, stop animating and so on. The rest of the system is not affected, only Safari slow down.
I am using Carbon Copy Cloner, but system won't let me roll down Safari from my backup... what are my options?

gustavopi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Brazil
You could try reinstalling MacOS over itself. This should cause Safari to be refreshed and that may take care of the problem.
I still can came back in all upgrade, still have the previous macOS version in a CCC backup, but I prefer to try to fix the Safari problem first.

gustavopi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Brazil
Replying my answer to the other thread about Safari. This is about 16 version only.

From time to time I take a look on System Update, waiting for Safari updates... nothing so far. My guess, they are working on it. Meanwhile I am using Chrome because it still runs ok and convenience reasons. I still think Safari 15 is the best browser overall, followed by Opera that unfortunately have low market share.

Also, I have interacted with people from Apple Discussions, did a lot of tests. Safari 16 will only work fine in a new user. But unlike other apps, is not possible to delete stuff in my user because Safari is protected - I mean, not as regular admin user, they won't guide me in a homemade solution.

So if you take your device to an Apple assistance service, physically, they will fix your Safari (in theory). Not my case because my Macbook pro is unsupported. But you that have spend your money in a newer one, should do it. Or create a new user, because you hate yourself...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.