Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Hi,
I thought that I solved this issue, but it seems that I didin’t.
Anyone knows which preferences files could affect the synchronization of Safari bookmarks and reading list on macOS Sonoma? The synchronization is too slow (sometimes days). I already reported to Apple and they say that there is any problem with my Apple ID in the server side and recommended to do a fresh install the OS. I already made a reinstallation of the OS and I want to avoid a fresh install.
Thank you.

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
Over the years I've been using this, the reliability comes and goes, so it's no surprise to me when the synchronisation stops working again.

Usually I add a brand new bookmark on both devices and that coaxes synchronisation into working again within say an hour. Deleting files in ~/Library and/or signing out of iCloud is the nuclear option and best avoided if possible.

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Over the years I've been using this, the reliability comes and goes, so it's no surprise to me when the synchronisation stops working again.

Usually I add a brand new bookmark on both devices and that coaxes synchronisation into working again within say an hour. Deleting files in ~/Library and/or signing out of iCloud is the nuclear option and best avoided if possible.
Which files in ~/Library?

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
I deleted bookmarks, made the iCloud sign out (on mac and iPhone), but when I make iCloud sign in on both devices, on iPhone and on Mac appears bookmarks completely disorganized and some of them already deleted in the past. Strange behavior.

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Description of what I did so far:
- I kept the synchronization with iCloud on the MacBook Pro and on the iPhone
- Deleted all Safari bookmarks on MacBook Pro and iPhone
- Deleted all files in the ~/Library/Preferences folder related to Safari
- I deleted the Safari folder in the ~/Library folder
- I went to iCloud.com and deleted all the bookmarks related to data recovery
- I waited half an hour
- Exported the Librewolf bookmarks
- Imported the Librewolf bookmarks into Safari

So far the synchronization has been done between the MacBook Pro and the iPhone. I added a link to the MacBook Pro's Reading List and after 10 minutes it still hadn't synced with the iPhone.
In short, I don't know what else to do. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll wait for an update to see if it resolves this issue.

q3anon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2020
Finally, I found the problem. The problem is on iOS 17.5.1. Due to iOS 17.5.1 old calls records reappear on Recents and Bookmarks reappear out of the folders on Bookmarks Menu. What’s going on with iOS 17.5.1 Apple? I already turn off iCloud on my iPhone 15!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.