Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlowingPrana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2022
I'm using an ultra wide screen and like to have a video on one half of the screen. Was wondering if it is possible with Safari when I'm watching a video on YouTube to get fullscreen in split view like it is on Firefox, like this:

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 18.48.27.png

I have unchecked Always show toolbar in Full Screen but that does not make the video in fullscreen in split view. I can only get the video in safari this big in split view:

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 18.54.10.png

Any ideas or can't Safari do it like Vivaldi and Firefox?

Mr.Blacky

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2016
I'm using an ultra wide screen and like to have a video on one half of the screen. Was wondering if it is possible with Safari when I'm watching a video on YouTube to get fullscreen in split view like it is on Firefox, like this:

View attachment 2032716

I have unchecked Always show toolbar in Full Screen but that does not make the video in fullscreen in split view. I can only get the video in safari this big in split view:

View attachment 2032717

Any ideas or can't Safari do it like Vivaldi and Firefox?
The full-screen button in YouTube does nothing?

FlowingPrana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2022
yes it makes my whole screen fullscreen and exit split view. I want full screen on half the screen since I have an ultra wide monitor

FlowingPrana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2022
@FlowingPrana hopefully this is what you're talking about:

Maximise both windows. 3 or 4 finger swipe up to view all active windows. Then drag one onto another so they overlap.
I'm a moron and did not try what you wrote. It does work this way but it is a little complicated, wonder why I just can't make it fullscreen directlyu in split view?

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
{snip} It does work this way but it is a little complicated, wonder why I just can't make it fullscreen directlyu in split view?
Wasn't sure what input device you were using when I posted. On the MBP trackpad its quick couple gestures to get to it but I'm sure there's probably a KB shortcut also. Glad it worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.