Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Ever since I updated to 10.11.6 (I believe that is the current version), websites that used to run smoothly end up freezing and I have to close the tab or if I can't, manually kill the process in Activity Monitor. Needless to say, ever since I updated to Yosemite, I noticed my machine takes 5-10 longer to boot up and it doesn't run as fast as it should. I know it's only 4+ years old but I'm already thinking about upgrading to the new Pro (whenever the hell it comes out). Anyone else notice slowdowns with Safari, or any other application with mid-2012 MBA? I sure do.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Do you have any Safari Extensions installed? If so, disable them and check performance.

As far as your MacBook Air being that slow...seems wrong. How much free space is left on that 256GB drive?

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Extensions, just adblock and LastPass I believe.

I don't have a lot of free space left haha. Ever since I installed parallels. I don't remember whether I installed parallels around the time I updated. I should go through all my crap...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.