Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kuba99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
Hi, I have a problem with Safari since a few days - I've been trying almost everything I could, but none of the solutions did help.

When I've enabled the option "Search Engine Suggestions" - there is a problem. While attempting to search - either a keyword on Google (and any other engine), or the entire website - on the upper-left corner appear a little loading circle, which is normal - or at least should be normal.

If the circle appear - it doesn't matter, that I enter the website I wanted to, or I receive the search results - it gets stuck. I can turn it off only by disabling Safari. When the circle spins continuously - my phone gets really, really hot - and the battery drains really fast.

What I've tried to fix it:

- Delete Safari's data
- Factory Reset
- Restore the OS with iTunes
- Update to iOS 17.2 Beta
- Flashed iOS with 3uTools

None of all solutions fixed the issue. I am getting really nervous that it could be a virus or a malware. I didn't noticed such issue before, but I am not sure it doesn't happen on the previous versions of iOS.

Does anyone have such issue with Safari?

It's worth to underpoint, that I can easily disable Search Engine Suggestions, and of course that doesn't happen anymore, but I guess it's not a long-term fix. I am really worried that my privacy and/or security is in danger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.